We all have days where we feel completely exhausted and drained, even if the sun is shining and everything seems to be going right. Some days just feel depressed and make us wonder whether we need other things in our lives, but we don’t know what those things are. According to expert on positive energy and motivation Geoffrey Morell, this is because you have too much negative energy.
It is said that we are what we eat, but we also are what we believe. By thinking according to a more positive perceptive, we can change our life. The well-known analogy of the glass being half empty or half full is a good example of this. Some people just see things in a happier light, even when things go wrong. By contrast, some who has a negative attitude seems to always be unhappy.
Geoffrey Morell on What Causes Negative Energy
There are several reasons as to why someone may have a lot of negative energy, besides them being natural pessimists. Those reasons include:
- Lack of sleep.
- Nutritional deficiencies.
- Poor self-care.
How to Have More Positive Energy
Geoffrey Morell believes anyone is able to build more positive energy. He recommends:
- To look inwards and determine why any positive energy you have is drained. Perhaps you are unhappy at work, are stuck in an unhappy marriage, or have difficult children. You cannot solve a problem unless you know what it is.
- Learn good time management skills and organize your life. Make sure you know what your priorities are, and use your time accordingly. If you don’t, you will end up feeling over-scheduled and overworked every day.
- Make sure that when you do something for you, whether that is going out with your friends or having an hour to read a book, is something you enjoy 100%. Do not do anything you don’t absolutely have to do if you don’t fully enjoy it. You have to love what you do, because this will make you feel relaxed and happy.
- Always put yourself first. Looking after you, doing the things you like, is not selfish, it is vital. If you don’t look after yourself, you can’t look after others either. Make sure you indulge in some things you enjoy, therefore. Take a little bit of “me time” every day.
- Make sure you include between seven and eight hours sleep every night.
- If you enjoy something, do not downplay the importance of this. Perhaps finding a good book is not as important as world peace, but if that book made you feel good, it is as important to you.
- Make sure you look after yourself medically. Eat properly, exercise in an enjoyable manner, and have any medical issues addressed. If you do suffer from hypothyroidism, for instance, make sure you follow your doctor’s orders in terms of how to manage your condition properly. Similarly, you have to make sure that you get plenty of vitamins and minerals in your diet, so that your body is always healthy.
- Live and let live. Not everybody has to meet your standards, as people have their own standards. All you have to do is always be honest and kind. If someone can’t be the same to you, then they have no place in your life anyway.