It is a well known fact that following a healthy lifestyle is important for all of us but even in spite of knowing this, most of us tend to be casual and may engage in unhealthy activities on a day to day basis. Smoking, excessive drinking and eating junk food may seem fine but these things can lead to some of the major diseases in the long run. If you are someone who wants to avoid major diseases then you must follow certain healthy lifestyle tips and the list of the top ones are given below:
- Eat the right food-the first healthy lifestyle tip that you must follow is to eat the right food. You must tap on the power of all the healthy food items out there. Include loads of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seafood, whole grains and low fat dairy products in your diet. Also, avoid sugary drinks, Trans fat and empty calories. Cut back on sweets and serve yourself smaller portions. It is okay to treat yourself once in a while but try to stay on track as much as possible.
- Exercise regularly-it is important to make fitness a part of your life on a daily basis. In order to minimize risk of diseases, you must devote atleast 150 minutes to physical fitness every week. You can break this time into sessions as per your convenience. Include running as there are many benefits of running and this exercise targets many different muscles at the same time.
- Quit smoking-no matter for how many years you have been smoking, it is never too late to quit. If it’s really hard to quit then no worries for there is already an (alternative to smoking by www.DaVincivaporizer.com) which anybody can have anytime these days. A smoker’s heart rate drops within the 20 minutes after smoking. Also, within 2 or 3 months of quitting, the heart rate may come to normal and lungs will begin to function better. Take help of your family to develop a practical quit-smoking plan and make sure you follow it to the end. Thus quitting smoking helps in avoiding cancer and other life threatening diseases.
- Avoid excessive drinking-it is important that you do not drink in excess. A moderate consumption of 1 drink a day is fine but anything more than this on a daily basis can prove bad for the liver and may accelerate the presence of other diseases or medical conditions as well.
- Make washing hands a habit-another lifestyle habit that everyone must follow is to make washing hands a habit. Wash hands before eating, before cooking, after using the toilet and after touching anything that you might think is dirty. Also, wash all fruits and vegetables before cooking them to remove away disease causing germs.
- Maintain clean surroundings-make it a point to keep your surroundings neat and clean. Do not litter and try to get your home and office thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis. Do not let water collect near you as collected water is an area for insects to breed.