After the surgery, it is very important that you have someone with you for at least the first 24 or 48 hours. Get a friend to tag along with you, especially since you will feel drowsy and weak right after the surgery.
If it is your first time trying out Sono Bello for your liposuction treatment, then it is good for you, as you will be amazed by the results and transformation. Here are a few things that you need to take care of right after.
- You cannot take off the girdle for two weeks after the surgery. You can start removing it on the third day when you shower. Also, it is a good idea that someone else helps you take off your girdle the first time. This is because a lot of people have reported that they feel light headed and dizzy during that time.
- Bruising and swelling are normal right after surgery. This does not mean that you have not lost weight; you will see the results soon. The bruises, however, stay for as long as 2 to 3 months.
- A lot of people experience muscle soreness post surgery for around the next 5 days. The muscle relaxant and pain meds should be enough for 3 to 4 hours relief. A good idea is to take the medication with jello.
- You may not be experiencing any pain or muscle soreness but it is still vital that you stay away from any strenuous activity for 3 straight weeks after the surgery. You need to keep the heart rate below 100 beats for each minute.
- With any surgery, it is important that you stick to a light diet. Start by taking liquids at first, continue with jello and then you can proceed to taking a regular diet intake from the next day.
- To make sure that your lungs are clear, practice taking long breaths around 15 to 20 times in a day.
- There is nothing wrong with walking early post surgery; do it frequently, move around your legs and feet when you are in bed. Also, it helps that you keep your legs elevated for at least the first 3 days, or at least 2. Moreover, crossing your legs is a big No, as that would be you risking the chances of blood clots.
- If you feel slight numbness or itching, do not be panicked, as this is totally normal. This subsides slowly over time.
- If you massage the surgical areas, this will help you boost blood circulation and reduce the hardness that you initially feel on the operated site. However, you should do this after two weeks after the surgery.
The big reason that you might not immediately see accurate results is because the body retains fluids in response to the surgery, so you have to wait around 2 to 3 weeks before you start experience the results of the procedure.