If your life is going the way you’d like it to go, it means you are steering clear of any run-ins with the law.
That said there are countless individuals out there who seem to have a knack for getting in trouble. Others, meantime, may make that single mistake that lands them on the wrong side of the law.
No matter how you ended up on the wrong side of the law, what do you plan on doing to fix things?
With that question in mind, go online and see which criminal defense attorneys are where you live. In doing so, you can get the best legal counsel available to fight your case.
So, is it time to make that call?
Which Legal Mind is Best for You?
So that you are able to find the best legal counsel for your needs, look for the following:
· Experience – It is hard to not preach how important one’s experience is. This is even more the case when your future well-being could be on the line. Do online research to see how long each prospective candidate has been in law. Although there are great young defense attorneys, hard to go against experience.
· Results – What kind of results an attorney has gotten over the years are also important. Has he or she won the majority of their cases? If not, why might that be? Look for someone who has a track record of delivering their clients.
· Communication – Depending on the severity of your case, there’s a good chance you will have some stress. As such, you want a legal mind who will keep you in the loop from day one. You should not have to call or email their office again and again for status reports on your case. Make sure they are the ones reaching out to you.
Be Upfront with Your Criminal Defense Attorney
As important as it is that your legal counsel be the best, he or she is going to need your full cooperation in the process.
Among some of them:
· Failed testing – If you had a breathalyzer test, was it administered in the right manner? As time has shown, those tests are not always reliable. This is especially true if administered wrong or there was faulty equipment in play. Make sure your legal team reviews any breathalyzer test you had.
· Medical issue – Is it possible that a medical episode led police to believe you were DUI? Whether it was a seizure or you took prescribed medication with a drink of alcohol, get to the bottom of the matter. While no excuse for combining meds and alcohol, you could get a plea deal if things work out.
Given what you have to lose with a DUI or other serious conviction, find the right legal mind to defend you.
Both your personal and professional lives can be at stake with serious charges.
As such, have the right criminal defense attorney backing you up.