Earning money through the Internet is fast becoming a household concept for many people around the work. This is another effect of globalization where anyone from anywhere can use their talents and skills to earn money through online connections. There are some attractive benefits to earning money online. First, it allows you to have a flexible schedule. You don’t have to be tied to a 9-5 job because you can choose to work when it’s most convenient for you. Second, there is always a high demand for highly talented individuals and you can command a high price if you’re an expert in a certain field. Third, the monetary rewards are comparable and sometimes surpass regular offline careers. Lastly, anyone can do it as long as there is a reliable internet connection.
Those who look for online part-time jobs are often students who have plenty of time to spare. Nevertheless, it doesn’t discount the fact that you can build a steady career online if you apply yourself well. It’s true that not all offers to earn money online are legitimate. But there are a number of legitimate services that give job seekers and employers a chance to connect with each other online.
In the meantime, here are five ways to earn real money online:
- Freelance writing. This is another popular source of online income. Becoming a successful freelance writer entails building your resume. You also need to have an impressive portfolio if you want to land some high paying writing jobs online. There are many successful freelance online writers today. If you’re relatively new to the scene, you have to write as much as you can to have a good roster of work that showcases your talent. Here are some websites that accept content from freelance writers: List verse, International Livin, The Penny Hoarder, iWriter, and Textbroker.
- Online selling. This is another example of a lucrative Internet business. These days, you can sell just about anything online. Some of the most popular websites for online selling are eBay and Craigslist. As a reminder when selling online, you have to protect your integrity by being honest about the products you sell. If you sell through eBay for example, you need to make sure that you are upholding the promises you made to your customers, otherwise you can get banned from the site. If you want to start small, you can try using Instagram and Facebook to sell your products. Both of these social media platforms now host an online marketplace for sellers. In fact, social media is fast becoming the online selling platform of choice for some start-ups.
- Another legitimate online source of income is blogging. This takes a bit more effort on your part because it entails knowing your brand and having compelling content in order to have a steady following. If you want a more modern approach, you can try video logging which is very popular these days thanks to YouTube and Vine. With blogs, you will earn money through advertising content, or offering paid services. You can also sell products through your blog and promote products and services from other affiliates.
- Review a website or take surveys. As part of the ever-growing online marketplace, there are many websites that are willing to pay if you perform certain activities such as review a website or take surveys. These are not promotional websites but rather related to market research and development. Then again, this is a great way to earn some extra cash. The pay is usually fixed, and you’ll earn more if you participate more. Some examples of these websites are User Testing, Fiverr, and Project Payday.
- Online betting. You may have already heard about online betting sites and casinos. Earning money through these platforms may seem too good to be true but there are some online sites that offer matched betting which helps eliminate the risks involved. With that in mind, if you’re a risk taker and love to take chances on online games, there is a huge collection of online casino games where you can put in the minimal effort and have a chance to come away with a large profit. Keep in mind that betting on chances will not always go in your favour. If you’re truly looking to earn money online without having to spend on bets, read on for more options.
Working from Home
Another fast-growing online industry is the outsourcing of services from skilled workers who prefer to work from home. Similar to freelance online writing jobs, there are many businesses these days who prefer to look for workers outside the country so that they can pay less for the same service through a local hire. For example, there are companies that look for virtual assistants to do basic tasks such as scheduling appointments and keeping books. There are also businesses who source talent for graphic design work. If you have any skills you can offer and would like to start working from home, you can check these websites for options: Leap Force, Fast Chart, and Demand Studios.
None of these options are schemes that promise to make you rich instantly. You have to make sure that you’re willing to take it seriously to gain the trust of clients. You’re expected to have the same level of professional etiquette even if you’re not dealing with your customers or clients person to person. Your work should also be a reflection of your skills. This means that you have to do your best to exceed expectations all the time.
If you’ve met people who prefer to work online rather than have a traditional career, you’ll find that they are generally more satisfied. Choosing an online job is not always easy because there are still uncertainties involved. If you want to test the waters, you can start part-time. Look for your niche and do what you really love. Once you’ve started building a portfolio, then you can proceed with making it a full-time source of employment.